Sharon T. Joyce, EdD
Independent Educational Consultant
What do I enjoy most about being a college consultant?
I am intrigued by the unique qualities of the clients I coach and love hearing the one-of-a-kind stories that applicants share with me. I am an astute observer of applicants’ strengths and enjoy helping them leverage their talents and skills to create a compelling application that distinguishes them from others.
Dr. Sharon Joyce is an accomplished professional in higher education who has been lauded for her innovative approaches to address the interests of clients throughout their admissions journey. The talents that she leverages in her coaching practice are her strengths in Communication, Strategy and Individualization. She is an empathetic extrovert who brings a high level of energy, warmth and professionalism to her college consulting work.
A native of Pennsylvania, she has lived in San Francisco, Park City, Utah and now resides in Rochester, MN.
Weekends find her hiking with her husband and their precocious 9-year-old, with their highly energetic rescue dog, Eevee, leading the way.
- Expert Coach, Fortuna Admissions
- Admissions Committee Member, University of California, San Francisco
- Essay Reviewer, Management Leadership for Tomorrow (MLT)
- Assistant Dean/Director, University of California, Berkeley, School of Optometry
- Associate Director, University of California, Berkeley, Walter A. Haas School of Business
- Assistant Director, Admissions and Career Opportunities Center, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business
- Associate Director, Admissions and Financial Aid, University of Pittsburgh, School of Dental Medicine
- Career Placement Counselor, Sawyer School
- Assistant Director, Office of Admissions and Financial Aid, Chatham University
- EdD, Administrative & Policy Studies in Higher Education, University of Pittsburgh
- MEd, Administrative & Policy Studies in Higher Education, University of Pittsburgh
- BA, Psychology and Political Science, Chatham University
- Certificate, Independent Educational Consulting, University of California – Irvine
- Certified CliftonStrengths Coach, Gallup, Inc.
- Trained Diversity Facilitator
If you could be a candy bar, what would you be, and why?
“Hershey’s Kiss. I try to add a little bit of sweetness to all that I do! I also love the consideration of aesthetics and design in packaging, whether it be a candy or a client. I think it’s important to have a point in what you do – helping students find their purpose is so rewarding”