Laurie Macgregor, M.Ed
Independent Educational Consultant
What do I enjoy most about being a college consultant?
Working with young adults; helping students explore and navigate the many different options to find the right fit where they will thrive, grow and be successful.
Laurie began her career at Target Corporation where she was a results-driven executive. She combines her counseling experience and education with her business background to provide students and their families exceptional service. She is committed to finding the appropriate college or university where the student will be successful.
Laurie is married with two grown sons. She enjoys the arts, traveling, volunteering, walking her dog, biking, skiing, and going to her lake place in central Minnesota.
- Interim college counselor, International School of Minnesota
- College advisor, Minneapolis Community and Technical College
- Employment counselor at a non-profit organization
- Mentor, Edina HS ACCESS program, AchieveMPLS, and College Possible
- Frequent presenter at workshops in high schools and businesses across the Twin Cities
- MEd, School Counseling, University of Wisconsin – River Falls
- BA, Retail Merchandising, University of Minnesota
- Minnesota Department of Education License in School Counseling K-12
- Certificate, Independent Educational Consulting, University of California – Irvine
If you could be a candy bar, what would you be, and why?
“Salted Nut Roll. A perfect balance of cruncy, salty and sweet.”