Kara Blanchard, M.S.
Independent Educational Consultant
What do I enjoy most about being a college consultant?
Helping students explore their options and make informed decisions with less stress and more confidence. It’s very rewarding to help students make a decision that will set them up for future success!
Kara has over 25 years of experience in law school and undergraduate admissions at private and public institutions. She believes that choosing a university involves both personal and professional exploration and enjoys helping students and families navigate the process by providing guidance, support and a little less stress.
Kara is married and the proud mom of two adult sons and a bernedoodle. Outside of work she enjoys walking the dog, golfing, game nights and spending time with friends and family at the lake.
- Assistant Dean of Admission and Financial Aid, Drake University Law School
- Undergraduate admissions counselor, Iowa State University
- Instructor of a success course for college freshman
- Frequent presenter on law school admission and pre-law planning
- BS, Psychology, Iowa State University
- MS, Industrial Relations (Human Resources Management), Iowa State University
- IECA Summer Training Institute
If you could be a candy bar, what would you be, and why?
“Twix. The perfect combination. Just like the candy bar, there’s a college match for each student and I love to help them find it!”