INDEPENDENT EDUCATIONAL CONSULTANT IN JOHNSTON, IOWA
Independent Educational Consultant
What do I enjoy most about being a college consultant?
Helping students explore their options and make informed decisions with less stress and more confidence. It’s very rewarding to help students make a decision that will set them up for future success!
- BS, Psychology, Iowa State University
- MS, Industrial Relations (Human Resources Management), Iowa State University
- IECA Summer Training Institute
- Assistant Dean of Admission and Financial Aid, Drake University Law School
- Undergraduate admissions counselor, Iowa State University
- Instructor of a success course for college freshman
- Frequent presenter on law school admission and pre-law planning
Kara has over 25 years of experience in law school and undergraduate admissions at private and public institutions. She believes that choosing a university involves both personal and professional exploration and enjoys helping students and families navigate the process by providing guidance, support and a little less stress.
Kara is married and the proud mom of two adult sons and a bernedoodle. Outside of work she enjoys walking the dog, golfing, game nights and spending time with friends and family at the lake.
If you could be a candy bar, what would you be and why? Twix The perfect combination. Just like the candy bar, there’s a college match for each student and I love to help them find it!