Independent Educational Consultant in Minneapolis/Twin Cities area
Independent Educational Consultant
What do I enjoy most about being a college consultant?
Learning about the people students are now, the people they want to become, and seeing them excited about their futures.
- JD, DePaul University College of Law
- BA, American Studies, Northwestern University
- Certificate, Independent Educational Consulting, University of California – Irvine
- CEP, Certified Educational Planner
- Assistant Dean of Admissions, William Mitchell College of Law
- Former Co-Director of the Northwestern Alumni Admissions Council, Twin Cities Region
- Mentor, College Possible
- Application Reader and Applicant Interviewer, Macalester College
Julie is known for her calm and thorough care of students, as well as her appreciation of data and love of writing. She now draws on her admissions experience to demystify the college search and application process for students and families. She believes deeply in the transformative power of education and, in her work, strives to recognize both the people students are now, and the people they hope to become.
In high school, Julie was voted most theatrical by her graduating class which surprises most people, even those who know her well.
If you could be a candy bar, what would you be, and why? Almond Joy An accessible classic that’s unexpectedly fun.
Julie’s expertise and experience has been essential in helping our son navigate the college search with more clarity and calm. Julie has a wonderful “voice” with students; she inspires confidence and demystifies what can be a complicated and stressful process. We couldn’t feel luckier to have her guidance!