Independent Educational Consultant in Minneapolis/Twin Cities area
Partner and Independent Educational Consultant
What do I enjoy most about being a college consultant?
Watching my students blossom from a high school student to a college-bound young adult. I so enjoy playing a small part in their successful launch!
- MBA, Lewis University
- BS, Marketing, Northern Illinois University
- AS, cum laude, Illinois Valley Community College
- Certificate, Independent Educational Consulting, University of California – Irvine
- 2016 University of California – Irvine Outstanding Alumni Contribution Award
- 2011 Recipient, CollegeBoard’s Inspiration Award for college and career readiness planning
- Outside Reader, University of San Francisco
- Founder and director, Henry W. Grady HS College and Career Center, Atlanta
- College counselor, The Howard School, Atlanta
- Mentor, AchieveMPLS, Camp College and Edina HS ACCESS programs
- Frequent presenter at workshops in high schools and businesses across the Twin Cities
Jenny believes the college search is made simpler with less stress when there’s a menu of resources combined with a personalized approach. Her college counseling philosophy is built on the belief that the journey to college can be an important time for students to learn about themselves. She takes the time to get to know each student as an individual, then enjoys guiding them towards the college that best fits their learning style, educational and career objectives.
Jenny is the proud mom of two college graduates. She enjoys traveling with her husband and cheering on the Minnesota Wild hockey team.
If you could be a candy bar, what would you be, and why? Hershey Bar A classic—straightforward, simple, and what you see is what you get.
Jenny Buyens is a life saver. If it weren’t for her I would have never known about the colleges that I looked into and considered for myself. She helped guide me without force and helped me with all aspects of searching and applying to college. She took the stress out from between my parents and I and made my senior year a little easier.
I’ve recommended her to a lot of other people because she genuinely just enjoys helping students out (and she’s good at it too). By far- Jenny was the best decision I made in this process!